Has it surprised you yet how easy it is to go off of the deep end when concerns your daily lifestyle? Are you surprised at how hard it is to heal yourself for the next day in these current times? Well I am. It seems like the easier technology makes things, the easier it is to get worn out before dinner.
Your smartphone activity, work, daily commute, managing family situations and anything extra curricular can have you wiped before you’ve even had that 2 pm sugar rush smh.
It’s not easy to fix the wear and tear of an average day. But might I suggest getting back to the basics for a start? Simple things like getting getting sunshine, the proper amount of water, adequate rest, good exercise and maintaining a good diet are 5 Great ways to heal yourself.
Sunshine – Take in some sunlight everyday if you can. I feel, in many ways, it’s
the main power source for the entire planet. While the sun can be dangerous when overexposed to it, it can also be used to heal various illnesses and promote radiant health.
With that being said, you Do want to have a good sunblock if you’re going to be out in the sun for a long period of time. A good sunblock is going to be natural and not filled with artificial additives that will do more harm than good. Avoid any sunblock that contains harmful chemicals such as:
- Retinyl palmitate
Just to name a few
The sun is the most powerful source for Vitamin D. Vitamin D is essential for:
- Bone Health
- Decreased symptoms of Asthma
- Overall Immune Health
- Mental Health
Get as much sun as possible…in moderation of course. 🙂
Water – Water is Life! Plain and simple. 60% of the human body is water. You can go quite a while without food, but never water. Studies show that common sickness can arise when a person is simply not getting enough water.
Think of it as the key ingredient to your kidneys and liver functioning properly.
Some vital benefits of drinking water are:
- It acts as a nutrient to the life cycle of your cells
- It aids in the regulation of our body temperature sweat and perspiration
- Helps carry proteins and carbohydrates throughout the bloodstream
- Keeps the joints lubricated (to any weight lifters and athletes reading, this is important
Water works as your own flushing system for your body (try flushing your toilet without any water)
Drink up ladies and gentlemen!
Rest – Getting a good night sleep is one of the best ways to heal yourself. Rest, or sleep, whichever you’d like to go by, might be the other pillar of life in addition to getting the proper amount of water. Not getting enough rest can land you in some pretty unattractive predicaments in life such as…the hospital, jail, the wrong train ride home or in a ditch from going head first over your bicycle handles.
Some great benefits of getting rest are:
- Boosts your mood for the day
- Aids in your beauty and grooming regimen
- Improves your memory and rotary function
- Aids in healing inflammation (Yes, the body heals itself when it gets rest)
- Increases focus
Exercise – All it takes is a Moderately busy lifestyle for this activity to go out the window. It’s understandable though. I know some people who wake up and have already started their day before they’ve even gotten out of the bed. if this is the case, how is it possible to add a fitness regimen into your daily life? Why would we even want to?
- It improves your mood
- Helps your muscles and bones stay strong and perform at peak ability
- Helps in weight loss and blood flow
- Also helps in overall brain function
- Increases Estrogen and Testosterone levels
Diet – It’s an ancient expression at this point, but it still holds true. You really ARE what you EAT. The food you choose to put into your body will be a direct reflection of you look like and the energy you give off to people. There Are those of us who are gifted enough to eat whatever they want and not get fat, but that can be contributed to a fast metabolism and genetics.
So if you’ve hit the lottery in these two categories…Congratulations! (For now)
The benefits of a good diet are going to help you in the other 5 ways of healing yourself daily. However, some of the more direct benefits are:
- Glowing and radiant skin (along with plenty of water)
- Regulated energy levels all throughout the day
- The essential nutrients you need for growth and repair
- Alleviate natural deficiencies to key nutrients (Vitamin C, D, E, A, etc…)
- Provides the fuel you need to carry out anything that makes up Your day
It’s not easy to change your lifestyle, but with consistency, discipline and a little improvement every day, you will see a change for the better. Your goal is to make a lifestyle change and that happens over the course of a lifetime.
Be patient and enjoy the process.